CORA’s MAKE & TAKE
The CORA Make & Take is a FREE resource center offered to teachers in the Philadelphia Archdiocesan Schools, The Philadelphia Mission Schools and other select Private Schools in the Philadelphia area. The center is run by Rita Fitzgerald and Rusty Fitzgerald and offers teachers use of the following equipment to create manipulatives, games and decorations for use in their classrooms.
- 4 laminators
- 4 poster printers
- Internet access with color printers
- Full-service copy machine (black/white or color)
- Access to colored paper and card stock
- Pre-made activities generated for teacher convenience
- 8 Accu-Cut and 8 Ellison die-cut machines
- Over 1,000 large and extra-large dies featuring various alphabet fonts
- All of the materials needed to complete activities are also available; scissors, glue sticks, envelopes, file folders, markers, and poster board
Teachers may also choose from interactive posters, activities and graphic organizers available to support their classroom lessons. Staff at the center provide creative support and guidance to help teachers bring to life, math, science, social studies, and reading activities. Fellow teachers and the center directors collaborate, share ideas and best practices, to support educators and enhance learning opportunities for Philadelphia’s Catholic, Mission and Private school students.
The CORA Make & Take Center also has space that is available for professional development sessions for small groups.
Contact the Center to see if your school qualifies.
Location, Hours and Directions:
St. Dominic School Annex Building
8506 Frankford Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19136
School Year Hours (Sep-May):
Monday: 9:00 am-5:00 pm
Tuesday: 9:00 am-7:00 pm
Wednesday: 9:00 am-5:00 pm
Thursday: 9:00 am-7:00 pm
Friday: 9:00 am-5:00 pm
Summer Hours – appointment required.
July 1-July 5
July 6-July 28
Tuesday-Thursday 9:30 am-3:30 pm
July 29-August 14
August 15-September 2
Monday-Friday 9:00 am-4:30 pm
For directions to the Make & Take Center, use the map below: