CORA’s afterschool program, YOUTHCOR, has almost doubled services for the upcoming 2019-2020 school year to serve more children in the Northeast section of Philadelphia. The 21st Century Community Learning Center grant and recent DHS-OST grant rewards have increased CORA’s capacity to enhance and expand program offerings at no cost to the families. YouthCOR partners with other organizations, such as the Settlement Music School, Yoga Child, the Franklin Institute and Top Hat Dance Studio. Many children have improved their school attendance in order to be eligible to attend YouthCOR’s afterschool clubs and participate in monthly family nights. The staff have collaborated with students and parents to organize activities focused on science, literacy and the arts, which are enjoyed by our YouthCOR families and the community.
Starting in 2017, CORA rebranded the out of school time services as “YouthCOR”. For the 2019 – 2020 school year, programs will be offered at seven partner schools in local Philadelphia communities; outside-school-time care is provided by CORA at:
- Northwood Academy Charter School
- Pollock Elementary School
- Thurgood Marshall Elementary School (21st Century Community Learning Center)
- Spruance Elementary School (21st Century Community Learning Center)
- St Martin de Porres Catholic School
- J.H. Brown Elementary School (21st Century Community Learning Center)
- Austin Meehan Middle School (21st Century Community Learning Center)
Programs are designed to offer fun, educational, recreational and arts experiences in a safe and controlled environment, that promote personal and group achievement and community-building.