The Prevention Education Specialist is responsible for providing risk prevention/reduction education services to children, youth, families, local and school communities addressing areas of substance use, gambling, delinquency, bullying and other emerging risk issues in CORA’s service areas.
· Provide outreach and engagement services to elementary, middle and high school students in CORA’s after-school programs for specific risk education/reduction programs.
· Complete risk reduction/education programs at after-school sites according to established curricula/ protocols including administration of pre/post involvement and service satisfaction surveys.
· Provide program orientation to students, parents and staff.
· Prepare lesson plans using approved evidenced-based curriculum focused on developing social-emotion competencies and preventing/reducing use of drug and alcohol.
· Complete required state, local and organization database entries and associated file documentation for all activities related to service delivery.
· Participate in regular team consultations with staff as indicated to provide service updates and collaborative planning.
· Advocate with and for clients for access to appropriate level of care placements.
· Adhere to organization and regulatory entity guidelines concerning caseload requirements, service delivery, accountability, supervision and confidentiality.
· Master’s Degree in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work, Education, Public Health or other appropriate helping profession.
· One year experience in substance abuse treatment setting preferred
· Experience working with students in a school setting highly preferred.
· Experience in treatment, intervention counseling, prevention service required.
· Knowledge and experience utilizing evidence-based prevention curriculum.
· Working knowledge of the effects of addictions essential
Medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid time off, paid holidays and 403(b) program.
CORA Services Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.