Intensive Prevention Services
The Intensive Prevention Services (IPS) program is an early intervention program for youth ages 10 to 19 years old who exhibit high-risk or at-risk behaviors. IPS is designed to work with youth and families to prevent truancy, steer youth away from delinquency, improve school performance, enhance life and social skills, and strengthen family relationships.
CORA takes a comprehensive approach, offering individual, group and family counseling complemented by group activities and case management. Our staff make school and home visits to determine what supports each participant requires to be successful and to work with parents/guardians to address issues that might be contributing to truant or delinquent behavior.
IPS is a program sponsored by the Philadelphia Department of Human Services’ Juvenile Justice Services Division in collaboration with the Philadelphia Family Court, the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office and the Philadelphia Police Department.
Download the brochure here: 2022 Brochure Coming Soon!
- Individual and family counseling
- Home and school visits
- Case management
- Professional Consultation with clients’ schools, other service systems or service providers
- After-school group programming three days/week:
- Academic support
- Individual and group counseling
- Social-emotional competency building
- Educational recreation
- Work-ready activities
- Community service/engagement
Youth between the ages of 10 and 19, who reside in Philadelphia County, and present with at least one of the following characteristics:
- Chronically truant
- Suspended from school 3 or more times or expelled in last 12 months
- Arrested within the past 12 months
- History of running away
- First time infraction on school grounds
Youth may be referred for service by a parent/guardian, an IPS program partner, or another agency. The Philadelphia Department of Human Services’ Juvenile Justice Services Division approves any service requests prior to individuals receiving services through CORA’s IPS Program.