CORA Services is a not for profit agency located in Northeast Philadelphia. CORA’s mission is to assist youth, children and families experiencing emotional, academic, and social challenges which impede their development and productivity. CORA is looking for a mission driven Facilitator to collaborate with the Work Ready Coordinator in order to develop and implement all aspects of the Work Ready program for young people between the ages of 14 – 18 years as they participate in their introduction to the world of work.
Position hours – Monday-Friday 8:30 am-4:30 pm
Summer Schedule- June 17th-August 9th
Pay Rate: $13/hr.
1. Assist with recruitment and onboarding of 50 – 60 teens, to ensure suitability for the program and clear understanding of program expectations.
2. Work with the Coordinator to design and implement a full day orientation for youth to mark the start of the Work Ready Program.
3. Co-facilitate weekly professional development offerings for young people to assist in building skills in particular field, build work readiness skills, develop plans for the future world of work/secondary education, and help create a network of support for students to be successful in summer placement.
4. Visit work site placements regularly to observe youth and check-in with work site supervisors
5. Serve as a mentor to young people, provide consistent structure, high expectations and empathy to support youth to discover their full potential
6. Assist with processing of payroll for youth, as well as surveys and evaluations.
7. Participate in agency training and development activities and regular staff meetings.
8. Use excellent customer service skills to create a positive environment with students, co-workers, families and other stakeholders
9. Assume responsibility in absence of Work Ready Coordinator
10. Serve on various committees and /or teams as requested.
11. Adherence to CORA Services Policies and Procedures
12. Demonstrate a commitment to Quality Improvement
13. Other duties assigned as related to essential functions of this position
1. High School Diploma or GED required; AA/BA preferred – with an emphasis in Education, Social Work or Human Services field.
2. At least 2 years of experience working with youth
CORA Services Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.